After an amazing 2018 campaign, we are so pleased to bring back our #WhyIGolf campaign for a second year! The whole purpose of this week-long celebration is to showcase the many ways in which women and girls are involved in golf; the players, supporters, volunteers, workers and all-round golf lovers!
Once again the campaign is being supported across Great Britain, with Scottish Golf, Wales Golf and The Irish Ladies Golf Union all getting involved to unite the golf industry in growing the women and girls’ game.
The R&A, the European Tour, the Ladies European Tour, The Professional Golfers’ Association and the Golf Foundation are also among the bodies supporting the activity.
The organisations will tell the stories of women and girls who are involved in many different ways in the sport, celebrate their successes and challenge perceptions associated with women and girls’ golf.
How can you get involved?
With the event taking place at the end of July, all we need right now is to hear from YOU! If you, your club, or someone you know, would like to get involved in this week and our campaign, get in touch by emailing email@example.com and a member of our #WhyIGolf team will be in touch with more information!
Each day of Women and Girls’ Golf Week will have a specific theme. Look out for stories on:
- Monday 29 July: Careers – women working in different areas of the industry
- Tuesday 30 July: Celebrities – celebrity endorsers who love the sport
- Wednesday 31 July: Health and Wellbeing – the many health benefits of the sport
- Thursday 1 August: Competing – key events and pathway for progression
- Friday 2 August: Volunteers – the hidden heroes of the sport
- Saturday 3 August: Participation – focus on participation programmes nationwide
- Sunday 4 August: Wrap-up – highlights from the week