alt text

Report a safeguarding concern

I’m worried about someone connected with my golf club. What should I do to report a safeguarding concern?

The golfing community is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all who participate. Adults at risk (sometimes referred to as ‘vulnerable adults’) and children/young people need the support of others to help ensure their safety.

If you are worried about a child, or about an adult at risk, this must be shared so that appropriate action may be taken. A concern could be of a serious nature – about abuse or neglect, for example – or it could be a lower-level concern about someone’s welfare or general wellbeing. Either way, sharing your concern is the first step towards getting the individual the help/support they may need.

The process to follow in reporting a concern is outlined below.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to raise a concern anonymously, you can contact the NSPCC Whistleblowing Advice Line on 0800 028 0285 or