Golf really is great game for everyone.
But we also know it can be oh-so-scary for new players. There’s so much to think about from ‘what do I wear’, to ‘will I hit this ball’ and ‘is anyone watching me?’ So here’s some hints and tips to help you get started.
- Learn to play with a professional coach. Your best mate really won’t cut the mustard
- Try group lessons, they’re a great way to meet other beginners, make new friends and have a laugh!
- Get on the practice ground or driving range and groove your new swing
- Remember that amazing feeling when the ball soars up and away
- Practice your putting. There’s a lot of truth in the old saying ‘drive for show and putt for dough
- Find out about golfing etiquette
- Wear comfortable clothes which are easy to move in
- Keep a golfing diary – it’s fun to look back on your progress
- Reward yourself with a coffee or a glass of fizz with your new friends in the 19th!
- Be put off by a bad shot. The good times are coming!
- Worry about other people watching your shots. Everyone has to start!
- Above all, don’t give up!