English golf club members can already register their interest in the 2018 Bridgestone Chase Your Dream Trophy, which will give three players an outing with a European Tour star.
The Chase Your Dream Trophy is open to all amateur golfers who belong to the 1900-plus clubs affiliated to England Golf – and who enjoy success in 2017 club competitions.
All club players can go online now to register their interest in the tournament, whether or not they’ve already won a club competition.
The Chase Your Dream journey with Bridgestone and England Golf will eventually lead three players to the pro-am of the 2018 British Masters, supported by Sky Sports. Here’s how to get involved:
- Register your interest in the 2018 Chase Your Dream Trophy. You’ll also be eligible for a series of premium prizes including VIP tickets for the British Masters supported by Sky Sports, sets of Bridgestone tyres and much more.
- There are separate Chase Your Dream Trophy competitions for men and women and both are open to juniors. Men can enter if they win a recognised club stroke play competition in 2017. Women can enter if they are the England Golf medal winner at their club, returning the best four medal scores during the 2017 season. Entries will open in autumn 2017.
- Club winners are eligible for regional finals, played at prestigious courses, with dates and venues to be confirmed.
- The leading players at the regional qualifiers will go forward to the national finals as part of England Golf Week where the winners will be England’s handicap golfers of the year. The top nine players at each final will qualify to play in one of six teams at the pro-am of the 2018 Bridgestone Challenge.
- The most successful of these teams will go on to play at the pro-am of the 2018 British Masters, supported by Sky Sports
Bridgestone’s Consumer Sales & Marketing Director, Farrell Dolan said: “Our Chase Your Dream Trophy has already captured the imagination of many, many golfers this year, who are still in with a chance of playing at the Bridgestone Challenge in September.
“We want to build on our current success and create a competition that is etched in the diaries of English amateur players. With this in mind, we want to remind players that they can register their interest now in the 2018 competition.”
England Golf Chief Executive Nick Pink said: “The Chase Your Dream Trophy is a fantastic opportunity for our members and will help to get more people playing and entering club competitions. We hope club members will register their interest and we look forward to following their progress.”
Bridgestone is the world’s largest tyre and rubber company and all players in the Chase Your Dream Trophy will have the opportunity to win up to 5,000 prizes, including golf tickets, hospitality packages and sets of Bridgestone tyres.
England Golf is the governing body for amateur golf in England. It is one of the country’s largest sports governing bodies and looks after the interests of more than 1,900 golf clubs and 675,000 men, women, boy and girl club members.