England Golf has announced how affiliated golf clubs should determine who qualifies for the 2021 Women’s Medal Regional Finals and published the details of a number of changes to next year’s club and regional qualifiers for finals in 2022.
Entries for these events are now open.
Due to the impact of Covid-19 on the ability of some clubs to run qualifying rounds, the club winners to play in the 2021 Regional Finals will be determined by one of three methods ranked in order below:
a) The 2020 club winner of the England Golf Medal shall be the player returning the lowest aggregate of four net scores in the designated stroke play qualifying competitions.
b) Should the club not have played sufficient stroke play rounds to produce a winner under a), the club should include all individual handicap qualifying competition rounds played under any format between 1 January and 31 December 2020 to determine the 2020 club winner.
c) Any club that cannot produce a winner by either a) or b) will be able to submit their 2019 club winner to the Regional Final.
Please note: clubs will only be able to submit one entrant to the Regional Final and this must be the 2020 club winner if the club has played sufficient eligible competitions to enable them to choose this method.
Should a Regional Final be oversubscribed, entry will be awarded to club winners determined by method a), then method b), then method c). The players gaining entry within each method will be the players with the lowest aggregate differential.
Entry process for the 2021 Regional Finals
- Entries shall be made online via the England Golf championship website
- Paper copies will also be distributed to clubs in late January.
Format for 2021 Regional and National Finals
Due to ongoing disruption and the variations in club qualifying, the Regional and National Finals will be played in Stableford format. The success of this format shall be reviewed following the 2021 finals.
Club Qualifying Competitions in 2021 for 2022 Finals
- Club qualifying rounds will no longer need to be medal rounds.
- All forms of individual club stroke play competitions will be included in the calculation of the club winner, including Stableford, medal, maximum score and par/bogey.
- Competitions will no longer need to be nominated as England Golf Medal qualifiers. Instead, all competitions meeting the eligibility criteria will be included in the calculation of the club winner (player with the lowest aggregate differential of four best scores).
- There will no longer be a maximum number of competitions included in the calculation to determine the club winner.
- Participation in the club qualifying rounds is open to female amateur golfers of all ages, who are members of England Golf and in possession of an individual up-to-date Handicap Index.
- There will no longer be an upper handicap limit to compete in the England Golf Medal.