Golf is a game with huge potential. We’re helping the sport thrive by putting our players at the heart of everything we do.
By improving our understanding of their different needs, we can give them a great golfing experience. This will mean more new players, more committed members and stronger clubs and counties.
By building on the hard work and commitments of our 2014-2017 strategy, and adding a fresh focus on the customer, we believe we grow the game.
When we developed our 2014 strategy, membership was declining, the perception of the game was suffering and many clubs were facing problems. By working in partnership with clubs we have:
- Introduced over 427,000 people to golf for the first time
- Attracted almost 32,000 new club members as a result of our initiatives
- Generated over £25m for golf clubs through new members
- Supported over 15,000 national, regional and county squad players
- Organised over 150 championships and events across the country
We know there’s a lot more we can do to promote the many benefits of golf to a wide range of groups. To do this, we’ll continue to:
- Be customer focussed
- Strengthen clubs and counties
- Run championships and events for all ages and abilities
- Support and develop elite players
- Promote excellent governance
- Improve the image of the game and promote its benefits
We also want to help more women and girls enjoy golf – only 15% of club members are women and just 1% are girls. Our research tells us they are interested in playing the sport. In fact, last year, 43% of the beginners introduced to the sport by Get into Golf were female!