We’re the governing body for amateur golf in England. As a non-profit organisation dedicated to growing the game of golf, our work benefits our clubs and players.
What we do
We grow the game. By introducing new golfers to the sport, we’re helping to drive participation and club membership. We want to spread the word that golf is accessible, fun and family friendly.
We support clubs. By helping clubs be as strong as possible we ensure that the sport is ready to face the future.
We organise competitions. For individuals, teams, men, women, young and old; for all abilities – and at venues across the country.
We develop talent. We help the best amateur golfers to develop their potential to become world class professional players, like Justin Rose, Tommy Fleetwood , Charley Hull, Georgia Hall and Melissa Reid.
We run handicapping. We maintain and apply the handicapping system in England on behalf of the Council of National Golf Unions.
- Be Honest. Acting with integrity, trust, fairness, reliability and transparency
- Be Supportive. Working together to make golf better for everyone, inspiring people to achieve their goals
- Be Excellent. Continuously improving, exceeding expectations and setting high standards
- Be Responsible. Being personally accountable and passionate about driving a strong future for golf
- Be Inclusive. Welcoming and enabling everyone to be involved with golf in England