Women and Girls’ Golf Week was the inspiration of England Golf and ran between July 30 – August 5, 2018, coinciding with the RICOH Women’s British Open and the English girls’ championship.
It was an online campaign, uniting the golf industry, to celebrate the successes of women and girls in many different roles in golf – and to challenge misconceptions.
It was a huge success, generating 12m Twitter impressions, with the conversation reaching as far as Australia.
There was a different theme for every day, where we told the stories of some truly amazing people.
- Monday Careers introducing you to three women who have turned their hobby into a career
- Tuesday Volunteers the hidden heroes behind the game
- Wednesday Health & Well-being including celebrities who love the game and why
- Thursday Performance opportunities for young and aspiring players
- Friday Participation focus on key areas of the programme nationwide
- Saturday Championships key events and pathway for progression
- Sunday Round-up the week’s activities and highlights