Last guidance update: Wednesday 8 April, 09:30
The COVID-19 outbreak and the stringent measures introduced by the government to limit its spread have had a knock-on effect on our ability deliver a number of events outside of championships.
As a result of the necessary change to our working practices we can announce the following:
- The England Golf AGM and GM scheduled for April 23 at Woodhall Spa has been postponed
- World Handicap System workshops and course ratings will cease for the time being
- SPC and Time To Listen workshops have been postponed
- Staff face-to-face meetings at clubs and with contacts in the golf industry have also been cancelled
More details on alternative online arrangements and re-scheduled events will follow in due course.
Regrettably, key grassroots projects in association with our partners have also been affected:
- Girls Golf Rocks and ‘Road to the Open’ projects due to launch this spring in association with the Golf Foundation and The R&A have been postponed
- Clubs and facilities involved in these initiatives will be updated when the situation is appropriate.