The Rules have changed to make the game easier to understand and more welcoming for new players.
The new Rules include changes to:
- Dropping procedure
- Measuring in taking relief
- Removing the penalty for a double hit
- Balls lost or out of bounds
You can read the official 2019 Rules of Golf at The R&A website.
Rules of Golf education
England Golf offers three levels of rules education, using R&A teaching resources.
At each stage, there is the opportunity to sit an exam which is recognised nationally by England Golf and throughout The R&A’s jurisdiction.
England Golf also has presentations available which club officials can use to tell their members about the new Rules. To request these presentations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
R&A Level 1 Online Rules Academy
This online academy is now available, click here. It covers the most common Rules situations and leads to the official R&A Level 1 exam.
Level 1 seminars:
Level 1 Rules Seminars are held over one day and run by a county, in conjunction with England Golf.
There are currently no Level 1 Rules Seminars scheduled.
Level 2 seminars:
Level 2 Rules Seminars are held over two days and run by a county or region, in conjunction with England Golf.
Below is the current list of Level 2 Rules Seminars scheduled for 2020:
- Durham/Northumberland: Ponteland Golf Club – POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (Email email@example.com for more info)
- Cambridgeshire: The Gog Magog Golf Club – POSTPONED UNTIL 28 – 30 September 2020 (Email firstname.lastname@example.org for info)
- Yorkshire: Garforth Golf Club – POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (Email email@example.com for info)
Level 3 seminars:
Level 3 seminars are held over three days and are run by The R&A.