We’re the governing body for amateur golf in England. As a non-profit organisation dedicated to growing the game of golf, our work benefits our clubs and players.
We are far stronger when we stand united and are #TogetherinGolf.
What we do
We lead through strong governance and integrity. We strengthen governance in all aspects of our sport, we deliver safeguarding throughout the golfing community, we utilise data and technology to enhance decision-making and we drive equality and equity in everything we do.
We energise and support the golf community. We support golf clubs with member recruitment and retention, we connect and engage with all golfers, we inspire and educate golf’s network of volunteers, we increase golf’s influence within local communities and we advocate and inform on all elements of sustainability.
We deliver a more inclusive and accessible sport. We drive diversity at all levels of golf, we create more opportunities for juniors and young adults, we promote the health and well-being benefits of golf, we inspire more women and girls to play golf and we develop greater access for disabled people.
We inspire current and future generations. We enthuse all golfers through relatable role models, we communicate a positive perception change for golf, we deliver an excellent talent pathway from regional to national squad level and we host over 50 best-in-class competitions for all golfers.
- Be Inclusive. Welcoming and enabling everyone to be involved with golf in England
- Be Honest. Acting with integrity, trust, fairness, reliability and transparency
- Be Supportive. Working together to make golf better for everyone, inspiring people to achieve their goals
- Be Excellent. Continuously improving, exceeding expectations and setting high standards
- Be Responsible. Being personally accountable and passionate about driving a strong future for golf
We work at the heart of golf in England, supporting and empowering a thriving community of players, counties and clubs to get the most out of the game we all love.