If you have a Question about your handicap, that cant be answered by your Club Handicap Committee please feel free to submit an enquiry below:
CONGU Changes 2016 - Demand Led Workshops
CONGU have issued a number of handicap changes for the 2016/17 manual.
These can be found on the right of this page.
All Changes will take effect from 1st January 2016.
Further detailed information will follow in due course.
England Golf will also be running a number of demand led workshops during October/November.
To register your interest please click here
To view the online version of 2012-2015 CONGU system Click Here
England Golf are the handicapping authority for all clubs and members under its jurisdiction and has the following responsibilities:
• Appoint a Committee to administer the UHS.
• Have policies for the administration of handicapping that are consistent with the fundamental principles and regulations of the UHS and with the Rules of Golf as approved by R&A Rules Limited.
• Have a policy to ensure that all Affiliated Clubs discharge their responsibilities under Clause 6.2.
• Establish a procedure to adjudicate upon the provisions of Clause 24 and when required appoint a Committee to perform the duties therein.
• Specify the appeal procedure to be made available to Members dissatisfied with the determination made by the Union pursuant to Clause 24.
• At its discretion, settle any dispute referred to it under the UHS, subject to clause 3.7.
• Establish within the Union conditions, restrictions and limitations to be imposed in respect of competitions deemed to be Qualifying Competitions and produce a list that must be reviewed and published annually – see also Clause 17.2(f).
• Specify the obligations to be observed by clubs and players in respect of a National Handicap Database.
• Conduct an annual audit of the handicap records of members of Affiliated Clubs with, as a minimum, a handicap of +1  or better.
• Establish a Competition Scratch Score for each round of every Qualifying Competition they organise.