CONGU have advised that the following changes will take effect on 1st January 2014.
- Change of annotation of handicap (active/inactive) – Clauses 25 and 26
- Restriction on return of Supplementary Scores for Category 1 players – Clause 21
- Change to the restoration of a players handicap – Clause 26
The full wording of these changes can be found on the right hand side of this page.
2012-2015 CONGU Online Version - Click Here
England Golf are the handicapping authority for all clubs and members under its jurisdiction and has the following responsibilities:
• Appoint a Committee to administer the UHS.
• Have policies for the administration of handicapping that are consistent with the fundamental principles and regulations of the UHS and with the Rules of Golf as approved by R&A Rules Limited.
• Have a policy to ensure that all Affiliated Clubs discharge their responsibilities under Clause 6.2.
• Establish a procedure to adjudicate upon the provisions of Clause 24 and when required appoint a Committee to perform the duties therein.
• Specify the appeal procedure to be made available to Members dissatisfied with the determination made by the Union pursuant to Clause 24.
• At its discretion, settle any dispute referred to it under the UHS, subject to clause 3.7.
• Establish within the Union conditions, restrictions and limitations to be imposed in respect of competitions deemed to be Qualifying Competitions and produce a list that must be reviewed and published annually – see also Clause 17.2(f).
• Specify the obligations to be observed by clubs and players in respect of a National Handicap Database.
• Conduct an annual audit of the handicap records of members of Affiliated Clubs with, as a minimum, a handicap of +1  or better.
• Establish a Competition Scratch Score for each round of every Qualifying Competition they organise.