The Club Services team support clubs in all aspects of golf facility management and best practice, through the knowledge and experience within the department, plus an extensive network of golf consultants from industry.
The department works closely with other UK & European organisations eg. R&A, GCMA, BIGGA. NGCAA, CMAE, UKGCOA to ensure qualified and consistent information transfer to club officials through toolkits, templates and workshops, and that golf is represented at national / regional government level.
Examples of support services are as follows;
- Equality Act
- EU & UK Pesticide Directive
- National Water Framework
- CROW Act & National Coastal Path
- Environmental Compliance
- VAT Apportionment
- Community Amateur Sports Club status
- Appraisal Service – Sustainable business management practices and modern business methodology
- Marketing – Golf Central / One Golf Network web marketing portal, member retention / recruitment toolkit.
- Members Benefits Package management
- England Golf Community – Q&A forum for club officials
- Health & Safety, Human Resource
Discipline & Grievance Policy
- Handicapping – Online & telephone advice service for club officials
- Central Database of Handicaps management
- R&A Amateur Status
- Course Rating & Standard Scratch Score
- Greenkeeper Training – Setting education & qualification standards through the Greenkeeper Training Committee.
- Golf Course Policy & Maintenance Standards – A manual compiled for Green Committee & greenstaff to work to.
- Research – Green Construction mechanics, Sward Improvement, Waste water management.
- Ecology & Environment – legislative compliance, carbon auditing and reduction
Contact the Club Services department:
Tel: 01526 354500