England Golf Strategic Plan
England Golf is undertaking the development of a new and ambitious strategic plan, which will enable us to build on the recent merger, deliver the outcomes within the Whole Sport Plan agreement with Sport England and build on the excellent work which is taking place to develop golf at all levels all around the country.
It will be a plan that should inform the future work of the board, committees and staff of England Golf, the county unions, associations and county golf partnerships, the clubs and volunteers. It will also help to shape the way we work with national and local partners including but not limited to golf course owners and managers, county sports partnerships and other local partners.
This plan is being developed in consultation with our national partners and the many stakeholders that make up England Golf. In the first phase of consultation there were over 500 responses made via an electronic survey and these responses showed overwhelming support for the development of this plan. Further consultation has also taken place at a national and 40 county workshops.
As a result of this, the second draft of the plan was developed and we undertook a further consultation period that ran from mid-November 2013 to 13 January 2014 and again received enthusiastic feedback with over 600 respondents providing their views via an online survey. Using these responses a third draft of the plan was produced, which we distributed to our county unions and associations during March and April for further feedback with the aim of receiving endorsement for the final strategy at the voting members meeting in July. A copy of the latest version can be downloaded here.
We are encouraged by the hundreds of individuals and organisations have contributed to the development of this strategy. There is strong support for the creation of a single vision, shared ambitions and a clear strategy which can guide the work of many and encourage coordinated action around the key challenges and opportunities surrounding England Golf.
The strategy is built around the seven key themes or priorities that emerged strongly through the consultation process and which require coordinated action at club, county and national levels:
- MORE PLAYERS: Increasing the number of players who play golf regularly
- MORE MEMBERS: Increasing the number of players in club membership
- STRONGER CLUBS: Supporting clubs to attract and retain members and to achieve a sustainable business model
- WINNING GOLFERS: Identifying and developing talented golfers at every level, leading to international amateur success
- OUTSTANDING CHAMPIONSHIPS: Providing excellent championships and competitions for golfers of all levels
- IMPROVED IMAGE: Changing the perception of golf and improving communications within the sport
- EXCELLENT GOVERNANCE: Improving the governance, building the infrastructure and strengthening the partnerships to develop golf in England
We would be happy to receive any feedback you wish to provide regarding the England Golf Strategic Plan and any views and any queries can be made by emailing email@example.com.