Available funding & bursaries
|Deadline for Applications||Funding and/or Bursary|
|England Golf Trust|
The Bellamy Bursaries (females)
The Angela Uzielli Bursaries (females)
England Golf Bursaries (all)
The England Golf Trust Grants
The England Golf Trust wishes to support young men and women for whom the grant will make a significant difference to their being able to take part in golf.
As long as you are either under 21 or in full-time education or following a recognised CPD course then you may make an application. You will need two sponsors – people who know you - and one of whom is able to support your golf: this might be your coach, a club junior organiser, a county junior organiser etc.
The Trust grants are payable for items such as club subscriptions, golf equipment, coaching – and for those who have reached that level – travel to and accommodation at regional and national competitions. A grant of up to £1500 may be awarded annually with support for up to three years.
How to apply
In order to apply for the grant you must meet the following criteria:
- must either under 21 or in full-time education or following a recognised CPD qualification
- be attending some form of golf coaching or already be involved with golf
- have the support of two sponsors one of whom will mentor your participation in golf and will complete the required monitoring forms during the award period.
How the grant may be spent
The money is to be spent supporting your continued participation in golf and expenditure may include – but is not exclusive to:
- golf club subscriptions
- competition entry fees on a club, regional, national basis
- coaching by PGA qualified professionals
Payment may be made in full at the start of the award year or in part payments during the year on receipt of necessary supporting receipts and paperwork.
Making your application
The grant application form can be downloaded here. You should ensure the grant application form is completed. This must be submitted together with the completed sponsor forms.
The Angela Uzielli Bursary
Angela Uzielli was one of the natural charmers of the golfing world and her unexpected death in 1999 shocked the golfing world. She had been British Champion in 1977 and played in the Curtis Cup the following year. She was English Champion in 1990 – when she also captained the England team – and British Senior Champion six times from 1990. Hugh and Catherine Stevenson, friends of the Uzielli family, have very kindly provided the founding capital for Bursaries to be known as ‘The Angela Uzielli Bursaries’ in her memory.
Application forms can be downloaded here or by contacting the England Golf offices on 01526 354500 and should be submitted by 1st September in the year of entry to: The England Golf Trust, England Golf, The National Golf Centre, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire LN10 6PU.
Applications from students should be returned via the appropriate county junior organiser or college personal tutor who will provide a recommendation and confidential report on the girl concerned including, if possible, some information about financial need. These will then be submitted to the England Golf Trustees who, in consultation with Mr John Uzielli, will make the final decision on the granting of the Bursary.
- The bursaries are provided for students with formal offer places on courses in related subjects
- Alternatively applicants must be actively participating in a course and must be able to provide support for their application from their course tutor
- Applications for a Bursary are open to all English female golfers who fulfil the above criteria, irrespective of age or ethnicity
- In general, a Bursary may be used for educational purposes, including tuition fees, books, room and board
- Annually each bursar must show that her enthusiasm and commitment to golf have been satisfactory before the next year's funds are released.
The award year will be from 1st October to 1st September and applications must be made by 1st September and returned to: The England Golf Trust, England Golf, The National Golf Centre, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire LN10 6PU.
Applications for a Bursary are open to all young golfers who fulfill the above criteria, irrespective of sex, age or ethnicity. In general, a Bursary may be used for educational purposes, including tuition fees, books, room and board. Annually each bursary must show that their enthusiasm and commitment to golf have been satisfactory before the next year's funds are released."
To apply for an England Golf Bursary download an application form here.
The award year will be from 1 October to 1st September and applications must be made by 1st September and returned to: The England Golf Trust, England Golf, The National Golf Centre, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire LN10 6PU.