The club began life in 1896 as Acton Golf Club and moved to its present location in 1920. The course was designed by H.S.Colt who is responsible for Wentworth and many other famous courses.
The course measures 6,277 yards, with a par of 69. The nature of the terrain makes it a true test of golf. It has staged many county matches, the Middlesex Open, amateur championships and pro-am tournaments.
The parkland course has seven par 4 holes over 400 yards and with many tree lined fairways and strategically placed bunkers, accuracy from the tee is called for.