Waterlooville Golf Club 12 - 16 September 2016
Women's County Finals
The round robin, match play championship is contested by six teams, each representing one of the England Golf women’s regions East, Midlands North, Midlands South, North, South and South West.
Three matches take place each day for five days.
Teams play three foursomes in the morning and six singles in the afternoon.
The eventual winning team becomes the English women’s champion county.
- 16.09.16: Gloucestershire are crowned champions for first time - Gloucestershire are the English Women's County Champions for the first time - and their victory at Waterlooville Golf Club was the signal for celebrations, tears and a drenching for their captain.
- 16.09.16: Gloucestershire strike the first blow in title showdown - Gloucestershire struck the first blow in today's tense showdown at the English Women's County Finals, beating Yorkshire 2-1 in the foursomes.
- 15.09.16: Gloucestershire and Yorkshire to go head to head - Gloucestershire and Yorkshire will go head-to-head tomorrow in the title decider at the English Women's County Finals at Waterlooville Golf Club in Hampshire.
- 15.09.16: Yorkshire and Gloucestershire continue their charge - Yorkshire and Gloucestershire continued their charge at the English Women's County Finals with strong foursomes performances in their fourth day matches at Waterlooville in Hampshire.
- 14.09.16: Yorkshire and Gloucestershire pull away - Yorkshire and Gloucestershire pulled away from the field today after both won their third day matches in hot sunshine at English Women's County Finals at Waterlooville Golf Club, Hampshire.
The Club is situated just over a mile from Junction 3 of the A3(M) and is a 10 minute drive from the Continental Ferry Port in Portsmouth.
This wonderful parkland course, which had over £1/4 million pounds spent on improvements in 2007 including major drainage work which makes all year round golf possible, measures 6602 yards and is a fair and most enjoyable test for golfers of all abilities.