Waterlooville Golf Club 12 - 16 September 2016
Women's County Finals
The round robin, match play championship is contested by six teams, each representing one of the England Golf women’s regions East, Midlands North, Midlands South, North, South and South West.
Three matches take place each day for five days.
Teams play three foursomes in the morning and six singles in the afternoon.
The eventual winning team becomes the English women’s champion county.
- 18.09.15: Victory march for Nottinghamshire - Nottinghamshire completed a victory march in the women's English Counties Championship when they won their fifth and final match by 8-1 today at Frilford Heath in Oxfordshire
- 17.09.15: Nottinghamshire win English counties title - Nottinghamshire are the new English Women's County Champions,winning the title for the first time -with a match in hand.
- 16.09.15: Notts stay top of the leaderboard - Nottinghamshire stayed on top of the leaderboard at Women's County Finals after a close 3-2 win over Sussex today at Frilford Heath Golf Club.
- 15.09.15: Nottinghamshire edge ahead at County Finals - Nottinghamshire edged into the lead at Women's County Finals today with a 5-4 win over Buckinghamshire at Frilford Heath Golf Club.
- 15.09.15: Weather forces change of County Finals format for Wednesday - Tomorrow's weather forecast of constant heavy rain has forced a change of format for Wednesday play at Women's County Finals at Frilford Heath Golf Club in Oxfordshire.
The Club is situated just over a mile from Junction 3 of the A3(M) and is a 10 minute drive from the Continental Ferry Port in Portsmouth.
This wonderful parkland course, which had over £1/4 million pounds spent on improvements in 2007 including major drainage work which makes all year round golf possible, measures 6602 yards and is a fair and most enjoyable test for golfers of all abilities.