Berwick-upon-Tweed Golf Club, 10 - 12 October 2017
Senior Men's County Championship
This final is contested by four county senior men’s teams, each representing one of the England Golf regional groups.
This championship is played by match play on a round robin basis over three days. Each day’s play will have two matches consisting of three games of 18-hole foursomes in the morning and six games of 18 hole singles in the afternoon.
Each county enters a team of eight players. Any six of these may play in the foursomes and any six in the singles of each match.
- 06.10.16: Lancashire win English senior crown - Lancashire are the new English Senior Men's County Champions - regaining their crown in a thrilling finale at Chipping Sodbury Golf Club in Gloucestershire.
- 06.10.16: Lancashire strike the first blow in title chase - Lancashire struck the first blow in their title battle with BBO at the English Senior Men's County Finals at Chipping Sodbury Golf Club in Gloucestershire.
- 05.10.16: BB&O and Lancashire to go head to head in title decider - The battle of the champions will unfold tomorrow as BBO and Lancashire go head-to-head in the title-deciding match at the English Senior Men's County Finals.
- 05.10.16: Titleholders BB&O surge ahead in foursomes - Defending champions BBO surged ahead in their second day match against Worcestershire at the English Senior Men's County Finals when they won all three morning foursomes.
- 04.10.16: Titleholders BB&O and Lancashire score first points - Lancashire marked their return to the English Senior Men's County Finals with a hefty 8.5-0.5 win over Worcestershire, while titleholders BBO (Berks, Bucks Oxon) endured a nervy spell before clinching their 6-3 win over Devon.
Goswick, a championship golf course in every sense of the word, is situated six miles south of the beautiful and historic town of Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland, on the east side of the A1, and an hour from Newcastle and Edinburgh.
This Northumberland golf course measures a mean 6,803 yards from the medal tees, is rarely affected by the weather, and is playable all year round from dedicated tees to full greens. All this set in the most stunning coastal scenery in Northumberland – a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. Your visit to this superb gem of a Northumberland Golf Course will be fondly remembered.