Ganton & Scarborough South Cliff Golf Club, 25 - 30 July 2016
English Men's Amateur Championship
The Men's English Amateur Championship shall be played in two stages:
Stage One: Stroke Play. Two rounds of 18 holes stroke play over two days (Monday and Tuesday), one round on each of two courses.
Stage Two: Match Play. The players with the 64 lowest scores and ties after the stroke play rounds will compete in the match play stages, starting on Wednesday. Players will be seeded according to their stroke play finishing place. If necessary a preliminary match play round shall be played to determine the top 64 players.
- 01.08.15: Joe Dean wins English amateur crown - Yorkshire's Joe Dean almost holed in one to seal a resounding 9/7 victory in the English amateur championship at The Alwoodley Golf Club, Leeds.
- 01.08.15: Dean leads by four in amateur final - Yorkshire's Joe Dean leads Alfie Plant by four holes after the morning round in the final of the English amateur championship at Alwoodley Golf Club, Leeds.
- 31.07.15: It's Dean v Plant in amateur championship final - Yorkshire's Joe Dean will carry local hopes when he meets Alfie Plant of Kent in tomorrow's 36-hole final of the English amateur championship at The Alwoodley Golf Club.
- 31.07.15: Two Yorkshire players reach English amateur semis - Yorkshire hopes are riding high after two county players made it through to the semi-finals of the English amateur championship at Alwoodley Golf Club.
- 30.07.15: Tight matches test players in English amateur - Nerves were thoroughly tested in the English amateur championship today as players battled for places in the quarter-finals at The Alwoodley Golf Club, Leeds.
Ganton Golf Club: Ganton, ranked in the top 30 of Europe’s Championship courses, has hosted many national and international tournaments and is a perfect place to play golf. Nestling in the Vale of Pickering, east of York and a few miles from the coastal resort of Scarborough, a day at Ganton is a day to remember.
Scarborough South Cliff Golf Club: The greatest charm of the course is the glorious situation of the holes on the cliff, looking down on the South Bay and Scarborough Town on the one side and along the bold and rugged coastline towards Filey on the other. The two parts of the course make a pleasant contrast and both provide some excellent golf.