Passionate about golf and its benefits?
Interested in helping juniors develop through the game?
Keen to make a difference?
If so, England Golf have a fantastic volunteer opportunity to join our team in the position of Regional Manager to the Girl’s South Regional Squad (U18). The South Region comprises the geographical area of Surrey, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Channel Islands.
The role involves supporting the development of talented junior golfers alongside our regional coaches, providing a great chance to make an impact in the game through a rewarding volunteer position.
Requirements of the applicant
- Enthusiastic, personable and committed;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sound management skills;
- Able to inspire and motivate junior golfers;
- Dedicated to supporting junior golf development;
- A working knowledge of elite junior golf / or a willingness to learn.
England Golf Safeguarding and Protecting Children Requirements
This role has been identified as involving access to vulnerable adults and/or children and in line with England Golf policy persons undertaking this role will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service Disclosure Check and must also have attended a Safeguarding and Protecting Children course (SPC) or be willing to undertake one.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The focus of the role will be to assist the Regional Coach with the delivery of the Regional Coaching Programme and to successfully manage and mentor the players to give them the best environment for their golf development;
- Manage a squad which will comprise of a maximum of eight players each chosen at an Assessment Weekend;
- Attend up to 30 days of coaching, plus attendance at the England Golf Performance Conference, coach and manager education days and any relevant team meetings and tournament attendance.
England Golf will provide…
- A budget towards out of pocket expenses;
- England Golf branded kit from our sponsorship partners (depending on sizes and availability);
- Opportunities for training and development;
- Guidance and support from the Performance Manger and wider team.
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, attached on an email, for the attention of Marie Bugg or Mary-Anne Price in HR at England Golf – email@example.com.
To view the essential experience and knowledge information download the full role description. Anyone interested in the role who would like more information, please contact Rebecca Hembrough, Performance Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 1st September 2019.
Interviews will take place via conference call on Thursday 12th September 2019.
England Golf is an equal opportunities employer and disability confident committed.