Last guidance update: Monday 23 March, 22:30
England Golf has taken the decision to postpone all championships and performance team events and coaching scheduled to take place up to and including 7 June as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The following England Golf and co-sanctioned events are affected:
- Golf Sixes – Centurion Club, 30-31 March
- Senior Series and Golf Captains – St Mellion, 29-30 April
- Senior Series and Golf Captains – Hesketh, 6-7 May
- Brabazon Trophy South Qualifier – East Sussex National, 12 May
- Brabazon Trophy North Qualifier – Hessle, 12 May
- England v France – Ganton, 9-10 May
- English Senior Women’s Amateur – Peterborough Milton, 11-15 May
- England Golf Medal (South) – Knole Park, 17 May
- Golf Captains – Northants County, 20 May
- Brabazon Trophy – Sherwood Forest, 21-24 May
- English Women’s Amateur – Sheringham, 27-31 May
- England Golf Medal (Midlands North) – Stanton-on-the-Wolds, 28 May
- English Seniors’ Amateur Championship – Luffenham Heath/ Burghley Park, 3-5 June
- Senior Series and Golf Captains – Stowmarket, 3-4 June
- England Golf Medal (East) – Colne Valley, 7 June
James Crampton, Director of Championships, said: “It is with regret that all England Golf events scheduled to take place up to and including Sunday 7 June have been postponed.
“Further information about potentially rescheduling some of these events for later in the year will be provided in due course.
“England Golf also recommends the postponement of all county and regional competitions during this time.
“Whilst England Golf are encouraging golfers to continue playing the game in accordance with government guidelines, the intricacies associated with championship golf such as players travelling to events, staying in hotels and the additional personnel associated with the management of the events makes it impossible to ensure the safety and welfare of all concerned.”
All current entrants into England Golf events during this period of postponement will be contacted directly by the Championship department with further information.
The decision has also been made to cancel all England Golf regional and national squad coaching sessions for men, women, boys and girls until further notice. This includes all individual coaching sessions.
Once again, events relating to championships and performance remain under constant review and timely updates will be issued via our website and social media platforms.