Time to Listen, is a three-hour, interactive workshop which has been developed by the NSPCC’s Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) and looks in detail at the role of the welfare officer.
In order to achieve SafeGolf accreditation, which will become part of the England Golf affiliation process from January 2021, clubs must appoint a club welfare officer who has completed a Time to Listen workshop.
This workshop became compulsory for all club welfare officers as of 1st April 2019. If your club welfare officer has not yet attended a Time To Listen workshop, please find details of workshops below:
- 23 January 2020 – Welwyn Garden City Golf Club – SALES ENDED
- 16 January 2020 – Woodhall Spa Golf Club – SALES ENDED
- 8 May 2020 – Woodhall Spa Golf Club
- 20 January 2020 – Oakmere Park Golf Club – SALES ENDED
- 23 April 2020 – Oakmere Park Golf Club
- 20 January 2020 – Tyrrells Wood Golf Club – SALES ENDED
- 20 April 2020 – Tyrrells Wood Golf Club
- 20 January 2020 – Mid Sussex Golf Club – SALES ENDED
- 29 April 2020 – Mid Sussex Golf Club
- 17 February 2020 – Salisbury & South Wilts Golf Club
- 27 April 2020 – Salisbury & South Wilts Golf Club
- 17 February 2020 – Brough Golf Club
- 19 March 2020 – Cleckheaton Golf Club
- 6 April 2020 – Brough Golf Club
- 7 April 2020 – Hallowes Golf Club
- 28 April 2020 – Pike Hills Golf Club
If there is not currently a workshop available in your area, please see what Time to Listen training is available through either Child Protection in Sport or through your local Active Partnership (previously County Sports Partnership). England Golf will also be organising further workshops throughout the year.
PLEASE NOTE: Club welfare officers must have attended a Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop previously.