We want everyone to have a safe, fun experience in golf. That’s why we’ve launched the SafeGolf accreditation for affiliated clubs and facilities.
The SafeGolf accreditation process is designed to enable clubs, through easily accessible documents and templates, to ensure they are delivering a safe environment for the sport to be played in.
The SafeGolf accreditation process will become part of the England Golf affiliation process from January 2021. It’s also important to note that county bodies must also achieve SafeGolf accreditation.
SafeGolf accreditation process
Your club or facility must be affiliated to England Golf before you start this process. If you have any queries about affiliating your club to England Golf contact Club Support. You may also want to download the SafeGolf checklist before starting to see a full list of the evidence your club will need to provide during your application.
- Fill out the form below to register your affiliated club or facility
- You will receive a welcome email from England Golf Club Support providing you with a checklist of requirements and a link to our Resource Hub
- Your Club Support Officer will make contact to offer their support as you work through the accreditation
- Complete the five main requirements of SafeGolf using the templates provided:
a. Adopt the required club policies
b. Appoint a Club Welfare Officer
c. Ensure DBS checks are obtained for relevant club personnel
d. Club staff and volunteers to obtain any required qualifications
e. PGA Professional(s) to be included on PGA SafeGolf Coaches Register
- When ready, upload your documentation for review and notify your Club Support Officer
If you get stuck at any stage or want more advice on elements of your application, you can contact your Club Support Officer for more advice.