XACT Health & Safety
A range of resources are available to support clubs in understanding and implementing best practice and compliance with health and safety and employment legislative requirements. We have a long standing partnership with The Xact Group Ltd. They have been delivering health and safety, HR and employment law services to golf clubs for over 14 years. Their services are tailored specifically to golf clubs, covering all activities including green keeping and course safety issues.
Xact provide all our clubs with their Business Assist service. This provides the first step to effectively managing your health and safety, HR and employment law compliance. It is designed to provide members with a robust and proactive information and advice service. You have unlimited access to the Business Assist portal providing:
- Golf club sector specific risk assessments with guidance notes on how to complete them, detailed specimen action plans for each topic and additional sections on food safety and work equipment
- A whole range of specimen letters on all aspects of employment and termination, policies, golf club specific contracts, employee handbooks and detailed guidance notes on all aspects of HR & employment law compliance There are also additional sections on recruitment, equal opportunities, grievance and disciplinary and termination
- The website is supported by a business hours helpline on 0330 332 2636 and a monthly news and alerts service
Further support is available by upgrading on the FREE Business Assist Service to Business Assist PLUS or the FULL Health and Safety or FULL HR and Employment services.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is responsible for health and safety and the management of people including:
- General Manager / Secretary
- Health and Safety Officer
- HR Manager / Administrator
- Bar Manager / Steward
- Course Manager / Head Greenkeeper
- Club Professional
- Owner / Management Committee
How to access
Business Assist: visit www.englandgolf.org/clubhouse
The average award amount for the year 2010/2011 was £8,658.25, a figure that does not include associated costs eg. legal representation, time off work etc.
The figures include all claims arising from:
Unfair Dismissal Race Discrimination
Sex Discrimination Disability Discrimination
Age Discrimination Religious Discrimination
Sexual Orientation Discrimination
Providing protection for our affiliated clubs from becoming part of these statistics is the rational for offering FREE XactAdvice. These statistics also demostrate a compelling reason for clubs to have robust policies in place.
The Xact website has a comprehensive range of template documents, guidance notes and training modules, covering the whole club facility, be that clubhouse, administration, greenkeeping, pro shop and kitchen and includes all golf specific contracts, job descriptions, employee handbooks, risk assessments and policies. In addition this online facility is all backed up by a telephone helpline direct to Xact experts.
Golf Clubs may also choose to take advantage of the additional services provided by Xact.
Don't delay act today and log in at http://englandgolf.xactadvice.co.uk/
NEW - XACT EMPLOYEE TRAINING
A new feature of the Xact service is a range of e-learning health and safety courses for golf club staff, offering ten online courses on clubhouse topics and greenkeeping matters.
The courses are designed to help golf clubs meet their legal obligations, provide a safer working environment and can be used as part of an induction process. Specially designed software allows the employee to complete the training in more than one session.
Access these modules here
Should you require further information please call our Participation & Club Support team on 01526 354500 or email email@example.com.