Changing Culture & Business Planning Workshops
The day has been split into 2 half day workshops - Changing Culture in the morning and Business Planning in the afternoon. You can attend the whole day or select one of the half day workshops.
Changing Culture to Futureproof your Club - 9.30am - 12.30pm
Do you have strong foundations in place? Can you make effective decisions quickly?
Golf club businesses need a strong foundation and good governance to thrive, not just survive. Changing culture and good governance sound like challenging topics, but we have simplified these areas to help you to futureproof your club and drive revenue.
By the end of this practical session you will have:-
- An understanding of three key areas: Structure; Leadership; Management and Strategy
- Identified areas where your club can implement step changes and quick wins to change your culture
- Developed a simple action plan to help you make improvements at your club
- A simple good governance support guide developed by England Golf and key partners
Business Planning to Grow your Club - 1.00pm – 4.00pm
Do you know your place in the market? Have you got a plan to grow your business?
Defining the purpose of your golf club and the direction of your business is key to achieving growth. Many think strategic and business planning can take a long time and be a difficult process…but it doesn’t have to be. This workshop will give you a simple three-step practical process to put plans in place and help you grow your business.
By the end of the practical workshop you will have:-
- An understanding of where you are now, where you are going and how you will get there
- Developed a strategic planning framework
- Created an outline of an effective business plan
- Ideas and case studies of how other golf clubs have achieved success
Who should attend?
- At least 2 key decision makers from each club - General Manager/Secretary, Chairperson, PGA Pro, Club Captain, Ladies Captain etc.
- Key staff and/or volunteers responsible for governance, strategy and planning
- 1 day workshop - £49 per club - for 2 people to attend and it includes lunch and refreshments.
- 1/2 day workshop - £25 per club - for 2 people to attend and includes refreshments - not lunch.
Note: These workshops are being subsidised by England Golf as part of the support available for clubs
How to book:
Just click BOOK next to the workshop venue and date you would like to attend on
|Tues 8 Nov||Kingsnorton Golf Club, West Midlands||COMPLETED|
|Weds 9 Nov||Warrington Golf Club, Cheshire||COMPLETED|
|Weds 23 Nov||Howley Hall Golf Club, West Yorkshire||COMPLETED|
|Thurs 24 Nov||Doncaster Golf Club, South Yorkshire||CANCELLED|
|Tues 29 Nov||Erewash Golf Club, Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire||CANCELLED|
|Weds 30 Nov||Park Hill Golf Club, Leicestershire||COMPLETED|
|Thurs 1 Dec||Haydock Park Golf Club, Lancashire||COMPLETED|
|Thurs 1 Dec||John O'Gaunt Golf Club, Bedfordshire||COMPLETED|
|Tues 10 Jan||Mid Sussex Golf Club, Sussex||COMPLETED|
|Tues 17 Jan||Lansdown Golf Club, Gloucestershire||COMPLETED|
|Weds 18 Jan||Aldwickbury Park Golf Club, Hertfordshire||COMPLETED|
|Tues 24 Jan||Surrey Downs Golf Club||COMPLETED|
|Weds 25 Jan||Carlisle Golf Club, Cumbria||COMPLETED|
|Tues 31 Jan||Canterbury Golf Club||CANCELLED|
|Weds 1 Feb||Ponteland Golf Club, Northumberland||COMPLETED|
|Weds 8 Feb||Fingle Glen Golf Club, Devon/Cornwall||COMPLETED|