Golf Express - What is it?
Golf Express is designed to inspire busy people to play more golf by promoting the 9-hole game as a complete and enjoyable experience.
Modern life is often hectic, meaning there can be limited time to play the 18-hole game of golf.
Under the slogan of “All the game in half the time” Golf Express offers a solution by promoting shorter rounds to get more people playing. Golfers can easily fit 9-holes into busy lifestyles, in which two hours is now the span for most leisure activities.
The 9-hole round of golf is consistent with the traditions of playing the game and is compatible with the Rules of Golf and the handicap system. This format can fit conveniently into a busy schedule and is ideal for after work.
Clubs can take advantage of:
- Marketing support - Golf Express is supported by a national marketing campaign with local support.
- Website – www.Golfexpress9.org has a directory of places to play and 9-hole offers.
- Social media - Facebook.com/golfexpress9 and www.Twitter.com/golfexpress9.
- Promotional materials – Range of promotional materials accessed through the England Golf Clubhouse
- PR - Brand building of Golf Express and the 9-hole game through the media
- Digital advertising – supported thorough national digital advertising
How to access it
To upload your 9-hole activity go directly to www.englandgolf.org/clubhouse and select the Golf Express tile.
Who is it for?
Employees and volunteer officials who are responsible for attracting and retaining new players/members and those new to the game. Including but not limited to:
- General Manager / Secretary
- Club Professional
- Golf Clubs - 9-hole facilities including pitch and putt courses and academy courses. This is not exclusive to 9-hole facilities; 18-hole facilities that wish to offer a 9-hole loop or even clubs that want to offer a shorter loop of 6 holes can get involved.
Contact your CDO for further advice or information. Contact details can be found in the back of the guide.