Woodhall Spa Golf Club, (Hotchkin Course) 17 - 18 August 2013
Fullers' London Pride Gold Medal
Making it to the Fuller's London Pride Gold Medal Final at Woodhall Spa, is the ultimate prize for club handicap golfers. Not only is it the chance to play two rounds on one of the finest golf courses in the world, all expenses are paid for including hotel accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus drinks reception.
Finalists simply have to make their way to Woodhall Spa, having first cleared the hurdle of qualifying. A total of 84 players will qualify for the National Final with each County represented by at least 2 qualifiers.
The Tournament is open to male golfers, who are members of clubs affiliated to England Golf, and the final will be played over 36 holes, on Saturday and Sunday, in a Stableford format.
- 19.08.12: Slater is 'amazed' at Fullers London Pride Gold Medal triumph - Ian Slater from the North Downs club in Surrey kept his nerve and his lead, despite an hour's stoppage for thunder, to win the Fullers London Pride Gold Medal at a sweltering Woodhall Spa.
- 18.08.12: Straight man Slater leads Gold Medal chase - Keeping out of the cavernous bunkers and the clinging heather is the secret of a solid round over the Hotchkin course at Woodhall Spa and Ian Slater from Surrey did just that to lead after round one of the Fullers London Pride Gold Medal.
- 14.08.11: Teenager Woan takes Pride by striking Gold - Harry Woan joined the roll call of winners when he took top spot at the Fullers London Pride EGU Gold Medal over the Hotchkin course at Woodhall Spa.
- 15.08.10: Hat-trick man Francis lands London Pride Gold Medal - Kevin Francis from Cheshire completed three wins in a row when he carried off the London Pride EGU Gold Medal in the sunshine at Woodhall Spa.
- 16.08.09: Shocked Fewell takes Pride with Gold Medal - Brett Fewell, a 14-handicapper from Surrey, was the most shocked and surprised man at Woodhall Spa after coming up on the rails to win the Fuller's London Pride EGU Gold Medal.
Ranked among the World’s Top 100 Courses by Golf World magazine (25th), The Hotchkin Course is consistently rated among the world’s finest heathland golf experiences.
For more than a century, golfers have been welcomed to this exquisite course, famous for its natural beauty, dramatic bunkering and distinct tactical challenge.
Each hole is individually memorable, while the joy of every drive and crisply struck iron shot from firm, heathland turf makes for an unforgettable experience.