Kirby Muxloe & Rothley Park Golf Clubs, 30 May - 3 June 2016
English Senior Men's Open Amateur Championship
The Championship is open to male golfers of all nationalities who are 55 or over.
The Championship will be played by 54 holes of stroke play over three days, 18 holes being played on each of the first two days, one round on each of the two courses.
After 36 holes, the leading 80 competitors and all those tying for 80th place willl play a further 18 holes on the third day at Kirby Muxloe Golf Club.
The winner shall be the competitor who returns the lowest score over 54 holes and shall be presented with the Trophy.
In addition, prize vouchers shall be awarded to the top three places and the top player in each of the following three age categories, 55-59, 60-64 and 65+.
- 03.06.16: Latham reclaims senior crown with wire-to-wire victory - Lincolnshire's Richard Latham completed a wire-to-wire victory in the English senior men's championship at Kirby Muxloe, Leicestershire - beating the field by a hefty five shots.
- 02.06.16: Latham leads by seven with a round to go - Lincolnshire's Richard Latham will take a seven shot lead into tomorrow's final round of the English senior men's championship at Kirby Muxloe in Leicestershire.
- 01.06.16: Latham’s super 67 leads senior championship - Former English senior men's champion Richard Latham took a step towards reclaiming his crown today with a superb 67 at Kirby Muxloe Golf Club in Leicestershire.
- 25.05.16: Top seniors head to Leicestershire for English championship - An international field of almost 300 men will head to Leicestershire next week to compete for the title of the England's champion senior golfer.
- 05.06.15: Ian Attoe lives the dream to capture senior crown - Worplesdon's Ian Attoe lived his dream today when he won the English senior men's open amateur championship by three shots on his home course.
Kirby Muxloe & Rothley Park Golf Clubs
Kirby Muxloe Golf Club: Kirby Muxloe Golf Club is a lovely, mature parkland course, which has been in existence since 1893 and has an abundance of natural features. The course measures 6428 yards from the blue competition tees, visitors will normally play the course at 6275 yards, white, or 6062 yellow. The ladies course is 5400 yards. All tees offer a good test of golf on a course which is a fair and enjoyable experience.
Rothley Park Golf Club: Established over 100 years ago in 1911 Rothley Park Golf Club is situated in a beautiful parkland setting, offering a unique challenge to golfers of all abilities. The long established course is 6,501 yards off the white tees and is often rated as one of the best in the county. Our policy of maintaining a smaller membership than other clubs means that the course is never over played and remains open and playable on almost every day of the year.