Kirby Muxloe & Rothley Park Golf Clubs, 30 May - 3 June 2016
English Senior Men's Open Amateur Championship
The Championship is played by 54 holes of stroke play over three days, 18 holes being played on each of the first two days, one round on each of the two courses. After 36 holes, the leading 80 competitors and all those tying for 80th place willl play a further 18 holes on the third day at Kirby Muxloe.
The winner shall be the competitor who returns the lowest score over 54 holes.
- 25.05.16: Top seniors head to Leicestershire for English championship - An international field of almost 300 men will head to Leicestershire next week to compete for the title of the England's champion senior golfer.
- 05.06.15: Ian Attoe lives the dream to capture senior crown - Worplesdon's Ian Attoe lived his dream today when he won the English senior men's open amateur championship by three shots on his home course.
- 04.06.15: Whittaker leads senior title hunt by two - Overnightleader Tim Whittaker held on tight today and is two shots clear heading into tomorrow's final round of the English senior men's open amateur championshipat Worplesdon, Surrey.
- 03.06.15: New senior Whittaker sets the championship pace - New senior Tim Whittaker underlined a rapid start to his new golfing chapter when he set the pace in the first round of English senior men's open amateur championship in Surrey.
- 18.05.15: In-form East to defend English senior title - Yorkshire's Stephen East will defend the English senior men's championship at Worplesdon and West Hill golf clubs in Surrey from June 3-5 - and has already fired a warning shot at his challengers.
Kirby Muxloe & Rothley Park Golf Clubs
Kirby Muxloe Golf Club: Kirby Muxloe Golf Club is only minutes away and easily reached from junctions 21 and 21A of the M1 and junction 3 of the M69. Our lovely, mature parkland course in the village of Kirby Muxloe has been in existence since 1893 and has an abundance of natural features. The course measures 6428 yards from the blue competition tees, visitors will normally play the course at 6275 yards, white, or 6062 yellow. The ladies course is 5400 yards. All tees offer a good test of golf on a course which is a fair and enjoyable experience.
Rothley Park Golf Club: Established over 100 years ago in 1911 Rothley Park Golf Club is situated in a beautiful parkland setting in Leicestershire, offering a unique challenge to golfers of all abilities.
Our long established course is 6,501 yards off the white tees and is often rated in magazines and online reviews as one of the best in the county. Our policy of maintaining a smaller membership than other clubs means that the course is never over played and remains open and playable on almost every day of the year (including the greens).